A P EAMCET is a state level common entrance examination and it stands for Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test. It’s held once a year in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana (T S EAMCET). The exam is of such importance in Andhra Pradesh that students begin the preparation process even before completing High school. It’s said that the EAMCET coaching industry alone is estimated at Rs.50 billion a year.
The test is conducted by Jawaharal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada. Through this entrance exam the selected candidate can get admission into various government institutions/universities or institutes that are funded privately in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Since the division of the state, the examination is held in both the states. The names of the exams are as follows.
In Telangana, it is known as TS EAMCET.
In Andhra Pradesh, it is known as AP EAMCET.
The online application form for AP EAMCET will be available in the official website from February 2017 and the last date of the online form submission is March 21 2017. If the candidate fails to submit the application form by the last date, he or she is liable for late fees.
Courses offered through EAMCET
Here’s a list of some of the important courses that are offered to aspiring engineering and medical students.
B.Tech – Agriculture Engineering and Technology, Bio-Technology, Dairy Technology, Bio-Technology and Food Science.
B.Sc – Agriculture, Horticulture, Commercial Agriculture and Business Management.
Pharma – B.Pharma, D.Pharma.
B.V.Sc and A.H – B.V.Sc and Animal Husbandry.
B.F.Sc. – Bachelor of Fisheries Science.
MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
BDS – Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery.
BHMS – Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery.
BNYS – Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science.
- Indian residents, Overseas citizens of India card holders (OCI), Persons of Indian origin (POI), candidates belonging to Andhra Pradesh and of Indian nationality can apply for AP EAMCET 2017.
- Candidates applying for Science and pharmacy courses must be at least 16 years old as of 31st December of the year of admission. The authorities have not notified any upper age limit.
- If the candidate is applying for B.Tech (Dairy Technology), B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering), and B.Tech FST then the candidate must be 17 years as of 31st December 2017.
- Candidates applying for MBBS and BDS (Bachelor Of Dental Surgery) should be 17 years of age as of 31st December 2017.
- The applicant should have passed or appearing plus two with subjects ( Maths, Physics, Chemistry) or (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) OR it’s equivalent in Science category.
- General candidates must receive at least 45% in the higher secondary exam and an SC/ST candidate should attain a minimum of 40%.
- Online Application forms for the exam will be available in February 2017.
- Last date for the submission of the online application forms is second week of April 2017.
- Admit cards will be available in the first week of May 2017 on the official website
- AP EAMCET examination date starts from second week of May 2017.
- Results would be announced in first week of June 2017.
- Counselling date third week of June 2017.
- Rs.250/- for engineering.
- Rs. 250 for Agriculture and Medical.
- Rs.500 for Engineering and Agriculture&Medical.
Online payment can be made through Debit card/Credit card
Offline payment through DD
In favour of
“Secretary Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education” to the following address
The regional Co ordinator / Convener
Eamcet, Examination Building,
Ground Floor, JNT University, Hyderabad
Kukatpally – Hyderabad – 500085
Hall tickets are mandatory for the AP EAMCET. No candidate will be permitted to give the exam without the hall ticket.
The exam duration is of three hours. Each subject has 160 questions and each question carries 1 mark. There are no deduction marks for wrong answers.
Here’s all you needed to know about the AP EAMCET exam 2017. However, students are advised to keep checking the official website in case, there are changes in any aspect of the examination or for further questions. The EAMCET exam has always been a craze for all engineering and medical aspiring students of Andhra Pradesh and it looks like this trend would continue in the near future.
Image Source: Collegedunia.com