I’m sure we all agree that quotes are one of the best ways to express ourselves. They are everywhere, in social networking sites facebook, twitter, pinterest and so on. It feels good reading them as in a way they comfort us. It may be a good idea to begin the day by reading a quote with a positive message. Here are a list of seven of my favourite quotes and sayings.
* Live and let live – The first one in my list is Live and let live. I believe a person has a right to live life in his or her own terms unless he or she is committing a crime. If only one could live peacefully and allow others to live in peace then the earth would have been a better place to stay in. It’s because of so much of interference in each other’s lives, boundaries and territories, that there is so much of turmoil and confusion in this world.
* Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. ~ This is a verse taken from the Bible (Corinthians). – Love is what makes the world go round. We can deal with most of the problems and difficult situations in our lives with love. It’s very soothing to read these words and I try my best to apply these teachings in my daily life.
* The world is not an evil place because of those who do evil, but rather because of those who sit back and let it happen ~ Albert Einstein – We come across so much of injustice almost everyday. Rapes, murders, corruption and the list goes on. It’s so sad to see minor girls getting raped almost every second day. But half of the evil that is present in this world is because of the bystanders who only watch, mock, and laugh at others suffering. They will not move an inch to help someone in need. So, instead of sitting back and watch it would be nice if we as a society could make small efforts to bring a change.
* Only God can turn a mess into a message, a test into a testimony and a trial into a truimph and victim into a victory. – As human beings certain situations may not be under our control. Life is unpredictable and complex. In such situations I turn to God. I know he’ll give me an answer. I know he’ll guide me spiritually. I give myself completely to him mind, body and soul.
* What hurts you, blesses you. Darkness is your candle ~ Rumi
We face obstacles in our lives for a reason. They bring in change, lesson and experience. We can learn, grow and move on. They make us whole and better human beings.
* A woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong it is unless it’s in hot water ~ Eleanor Roosevelt – Women have a god given power to overcome pain and troubles in life. No one can underestimate the mental strength of a woman. I’m proud to be one and happy to be surrounded by many inspiring women from whom I learn everyday.
* This too, shall pass – There comes a point in life where all our sufferings end and healing takes place. Troubles are part and parcel of life. It’s during these moments we need to learn and be strong. But there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Which quote or saying inspires you the most ? Kindly share in the comment section. I’d love to hear about them. Have a wonderful day !
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st – 7th September 2013. Write tribe