Being in high spirits is something we all desire. We all love to be surrounded by people who put a smile on our face. Don’t we feel an instant gush of positive energy when we laugh or smile ? It’s the best form of medicine in my opinion.
Today I’d like to share seven things that uplift my spirit.
1) Old photographs – I enjoy running through old photographs as they bring back old memories. It’s like reliving the good times once again and I can’t help but smile seeing them.
2) Watching a comedy movie – Hindi movies especially are full of comedy and spice. They are complete entertainment packed with fun, laughter and drama. Watching a good comedy film whether English or our own desi movies leaves me feeling satisfied and entertained.
3) Pets and animals – I’m an animal lover and love spending time with pets. I love them probably because I was used to having pets from an early age. It’s relaxing to spend time with them because they are so giving, faithful and not judgemental. I could spend hours and hours with a pet and not get bored. Spending time with pets have health benefits too. People who own pets will know exactly what I’m talking about.
4) Tea and coffee – Having a hot cup of tea or coffee in the mornings brightens up my day, and if someone else prepares it then it feels like heaven. I love drinking coffee or tea and If I have company then there’s nothing to beat that. Reading a favourite book accompanied by a hot cup of tea or coffee is divine.
5) Being with our loved ones – I love spending time with my family and loved ones. A phone call, a text or a visit from a loved one makes my day. Spending time with family can be meaningful and fun. We can make it more exciting by organizing outings, picnics and games.
6 ) Listening to music – Music uplifts my soul at any given moment. I can kickstart my day listening to some soulful music. I enjoy different kinds of music and it could be in any language as long as it’s melodious. Music has no boundaries and language barriers. It connects one and all.
7) Travelling – I’m a nature lover and love travelling and visiting new places. Though I have’nt been travelling much I hope to visit different places and cities in the future. It feels good to explore new places, to know about the local language, art,culture and cuisine. Our own country India has umpteen number of places to visit. So, travelling is what I look forward to in the future.
Dear readers , what puts a smile on your face ? I’d like to hear your views on the topic.
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st – 7th September 2013. Write tribe